Tip: If your order hasn't shipped yet, you can change your delivery address through 'My Account'. You can also confirm that the correct shipping address was used for your order from that page.
Languages to use for address information
Generally, addresses must be entered using English letters and numbers only. However, there are a few exceptions:
- Local Post Plus: Latin (English) & Cyrillic (Russian)
- Boxberry: Latin (English) & Cyrillic (Russian)
- Pony Express: Latin (English) & Cyrillic (Russian)
- Do not use any symbols like (,) (/) (:) (*) or special characters like (é) (à) (ë).
- Do not abbreviate any part of your first or last name. Example: H. Customer or Happy C.
- Do not use any spacing in the postal code/zip code.
- Include a space between your first and last name.
- Complete all required (*) fields of the shipping address form.
- Enter your phone number without any spaces between the numbers or any signs between the numbers ( such as /, -, +).
- Verify that the full phone number has been entered:
- Russia and Kazakhstan: +7 followed by 10 digits or +8 followed by 10 digits
- United States and Mexico: 10 digits
- China: Up to 20 digits
- Ukraine: +380 followed by 9 digits
- Israel: 9-12 digits
- Saudi Arabia: +966 followed by 9 digits
- Moldova: +373 followed by 8
- If you're unsure about your postal code, enter "0000".
- If the shipping address is an apartment, then use APT for Address Line 2.
- Note: If only numbers are used for the Address Line 2 field, then you may see that error that takes you back to your cart.
- You can checkout using a window in Incognito Mode.