Payment declined during checkout
If your payment was declined while trying to place an order, please contact your payment processor to find out why. Some banks may refuse payments and will not disclose the reason to iHerb.
We also recommend making sure that:
- The card data is entered accurately.
- You do not use extra spaces in your card number.
- There is a sufficient balance to cover the purchase.
- The card is activated or has not expired.
- The card is able to be used for online purchases.
- The card can be used for global purchases.
- If using a VISA gift card, use the name the card is registered under
- If the gift card was not registered under either the purchaser or the recipient, please enter UNEMBOSSED NAME in the name field.
- The card has not exceeded the daily withdrawal or purchase limit
- The card and bank are enabled for 3D Secure (3DS) verification.
Please note that most banks will not notify you if 3DS verification is enabled. If you're unsure, be sure to confirm with your bank.
Your bank may also experience delays with payment processing. Your order status will be changed once the transaction is processed.
If you are still experiencing issues, we recommend contacting the financial institution, card issuer, or third party payment platform (ApplePay, Klarna, Klarna, etc.) as they'll be better able to assist you further.
Payment declined after placing an order
Your payment may be declined after placing an order. You will receive an email notification with a link to update your payment information. You may also update your payment info through your account's Orders.
If you do not update the payment information within 48 hours, then the order will be canceled. You will not be charged for the canceled order and you'll receive an email notification.
If you still see charges or pending transactions on your card after 7-10 business days of order cancellation, please contact your bank. As a friendly reminder, iHerb never receives any payment until after the package has been shipped from our warehouses.